Each Bomb Upgrade allows a ship to drop a specific type of bomb token and indicates when the bomb detonates. When a bomb detonates, it produces the effect indicated on its Bomb Token Reference card. A ship may only drop one bomb per round.
Bombs can be used by the following ship types:
- TIE Punisher
- Rebel ships with Sabine Wren in a crew slot.
- Scurrg H-6 Bomber
- Scum ships with Cad Bane in a crew slot.
Using Bombs Edit
There are two main categories of bombs that relate to how they're deployed and detonated: Action and Maneuver.
- Action or Contact bombs use your action to deploy. They remain on the battlefield until another ship touches them (at the end of its movement or with its movement template), causing them to detonate immediately. They also instantly detonate if they are touching a ship when deployed.
- Maneuver or perhaps Timed bombs are deployed when you reveal a maneuver, and detonate at the end of the activation phase. Physical contact does not matter; they affect ships in a radius at the end of the phase. These cannot be placed if you do not reveal a maneuver dial (e.g. while ionized).
Regardless of whether you have both types of bombs on a ship, or multiple actions, each ship can deploy only one bomb per round. These bomb categories are shown in the table below.
To drop a bomb, follow the steps below:
- Take the [Straight 1] maneuver template and slide it between the rear glides of your ship.
- Place the bomb token indicated on the Upgrade card into the play area and slide the guides of the token into the opposite end of the template.
- Bomb Upgrade cards are not secondary weapons.
- Bomb tokens are not obstacles.
- If a bomb token is dropped on a ship, it is placed under the ship's base. The bomb does not immediately detonate unless the bomb's Upgrade card specifies that it detonates when a ship overlaps it.
- If a bomb token that detonates when overlapped is dropped under more than one ship's base, the ship that dropped the bomb decides which of those ships detonates the bomb.
- If a bomb's effect specifies that it detonates when a ship or the ship's maneuver template overlaps it, it detonates regardless of whether the ship was executing a maneuver, barrel rolling, or resolving any other effect or ability that changed its position.
- The guides on a bomb token count as part of the bomb for the purposes of measuring range and overlapping.
- A ship can only drop one bomb per round.
- A bomb can be dropped with a portion of the token outside the play area. Ignore any portion of the token that is outside the play area.
- If a ship overlaps another ship, only the portion of the maneuver template that is between the starting and final position of the ship is counted for the purpose overlapping bombs. Ignore the portion of the maneuver template that the ship moved backward along to resolve the overlap.
- The effects of each bomb are described on its Bomb Token Reference card.
Using Cluster Mines Edit
To drop the cluster mine token set, follow these steps:
- Take the [Straight 1] maneuver template and slide it between the rear guides of your ship.
- Place the central cluster mine token into the play area and slide the guides of the token into the opposite end of the template.
- Place 1 additional cluster mine token in each of the recessed areas of the central cluster mine token.
Types and Effects of Each Bomb Token Edit
|Bomb||Introduced in||Squad Points||Restrictions||Deploy Method|
|Proximity Mines||Wave 2||3||none||Action|
|Seismic Charges||Wave 2||2||none||Maneuver|
|Proton Bombs||Wave 3||5||none||Maneuver|
|Cluster Mines||Wave 7||4||none||Action|
|Conner Net||Wave 7||4||none||Action|
|Ion Bombs||Wave 7||2||none||Maneuver|
|Thermal Detonators||Wave 8||3||none||Maneuver|
|Bomblet Generator||Wave 11||3||2 bomb slots||Maneuver|
- Cluster Mines: When one of these bomb tokens detonates, the ship that moved through or overlapped that token rolls 2 attack dice and suffers all damage (hit) rolled, Then discard that token.
- Conner Net: When this bomb token detonates, the ship that moved through or overlapped this token suffers 1 damage, receives 2 ion tokens, and skips its "Perform Action" step. Then discard this token.
- Ion Bombs: When this bomb token detonates, each ship at Range 1 of the token receives 2 ion tokens. Then discard this token.
- Proton Bombs: When this bomb token detonates, deal 1 faceup Damage card to each ship at Range 1 of the token. Then discard this token.
- Proximity Mines: When this bomb token detonates, the ship that moved through or overlapped this token rolls 3 attack dice and suffers all damage (hit) and critical damage (critical hit) rolled. Then discard this token.
- Seismic Charges: When this bomb token detonates, each ship at Range 1 of the token suffers 1 damage. Then discard this token.
- Thermal Detonators: When this bomb token detonates, each ship at Range 1 of the token suffers 1 damage and receives 1 stress token.
Note that bombs are technically owned by the player who dropped them, even though they are indiscriminate in who they harm. This matters for the purposes of Sabine Wren (crew), and sometimes ownership may need to be tracked (e.g. both players are dropping bombs, and one has Sabine).