A cluster missile was one of a group of low-powered, unguided concussion missiles that would rapidly fire in the direction that the starship which carried them was pointing. If a ship changed course while firing the missiles, the missiles that had not been fired yet would change their direction also, instead of seeking out the previous target.
Card Text/Abilities Edit
- The attacker only needs to spend one target lock to use Cluster Missiles.
- Cluster Missiles is treated as two separate attacks against the same target. During the second attack, the “Declare Defender and Weapon” step is skipped.
- If a ship is equipped with Cluster Missiles and Munitions Failsafe, both attacks must miss for Munitions Failsafe to activate. (X-Wing FAQ, Version 3.1.1, Updated 07/24/2015; X-Wing FAQ, Version 3.2, Updated 09/17/2015)
Additional FAQ Edit
- If the target is destroyed with the first attack, the second attack still occurs.
- Both attacks must be against the same target.
- Marksmanship modifies both attacks.
- Spending a Focus Token only modifies one attack.
- A Target Lock spent to attack with a secondary weapon does not allow the roll to be modified, that Lock is spent just to use the weapon.
- Both attacks must miss to trigger the Gunner / Luke Skywalker effect.